Girls Snow Boots
Showing 5 products
Winter is coming fast and so does the need to put in your baby’s feet the best snow boots you can find. Whether they are cute and fashionable, or they protect her feet to perfection, find out what makes a snow boot the best.
A brief history of snow boots
Ever since humankind realized they needed to protect their extremities by dressing them in something, there was this quest for the right material, the right proportion, the right sole.
The first snow boots were made of leather and wood, tied together, and then placed on people’s feet. With the evolution of technology, they became more like the boots we know today. Their appearance has changed dramatically over the centuries, from bulky shoes to the beautiful fashion shoes we can find today.
The first snowshoes were made over 5000 years ago by people from the Scandinavian area, Native Americans, and Otzi, the iceman hiker who also wore snowshoes.
Snow boots as we know them were first made to look like the famous Ugg. Chunky and made from sheep skin, they were introduced to Europe during the First World War.
Nowadays we have several types of snow boots for adults and children alike.
Type of snow boots for girls
All boots have the sole purpose of keeping your little girl’s feet warm and dry during winter days. But are there different types of girls’ snow boots? Or are they all the same?
Just like adults have different types of shoes, so do children.
So here are the most popular types of snow boots for girls:
- Winter boots – these kinds of boots are made for colder days of winter, but they are not meant to be worn when there’s lots of snow involved. Usually, the main problem with these types of boots is that they are not waterproofed. They can keep your baby’s feet warm, and dry, for a short period. You can have a pair of those for when she is taking a walk in places where there’s no snow.
- Hiking snow boots – these are made for when you want to explore nature a little bit and need a good grip. The sole is different than the ones other snow boots have, there are little indentations that will keep your baby on her feet even on slippery grounds.
- Fashion boots – every girl needs a pair of fashionable boots in her wardrobe, even in winter. For play and fun in the snow, there are the waterproofed boots, but for a stroll to the mall or a friend’s place, she’ll need something cute and warm.
- First steps snow boots – if your toddler decides to take her first steps when there’s snow outside remember to buy her the right pair of snow boots. They don’t need to be chunky and have a hard sole, but have flexible ones and be lightweight.
There are many types of snow boots, every one of them with little variations. The best thing to do is try to think about what kind of boot she needs based on her age, her preferences, and how much time she spends outside.
We can offer you many types of snow boots, each tailored to specific tastes.
How to measure the boot
When the winter is approaching you better start planning and make a list of what your baby girl needs. Does she need a new overall, new accessory, new boots? Well, make sure to order before the first snowflakes start to make their appearance.
And how do you know what size she needs in a snow boot to fit her all winter long?
We have several tips and tricks to help you with the sizing.
- Measure the foot right – if you don’t have a measuring device, like a Brannock, take a piece of paper, a ruler, and a pencil and have your little girl stand on the paper with her foot. Trace the foot and measure the distance from the tip of her big toe to the heel. That would be the length in centimeters. From there you can take a look at the sizing chart for each brand on our website and see which one fits.
- Consider the size – after you have the length of the foot, think of adding at least 1.5 cm to that. And if you are wondering why we also have the explanation. The child will wear thick socks with the snow boots and she’ll also grow during the winter months. Therefore, the boot needs space to keep the air flowing, not constricting the girl’s feet and allowing her to grow a little bit. Also, keep in mind that girls’ winter snow boots have insulation, which means they are smaller inside than what they look like.
- Check for the liners – if the boots have removable liners check to see and then place the liner on their feet just like a sock. Make sure to have a little space between their toe and the end of the liner.
Our snow boots
We came prepared with a full collection of snow boots for every age and preference.
When you are looking for toddler girl snow boots, make sure to get the right kind of boots. Toddlers usually crawl or walk therefore the boots need to have certain features.
The sole needs to be flexible so they can take their first steps and still feel the earth underneath their little feet. The insulation needs to keep their feet warm and cozy without gripping them tightly. The materials must be waterproofed and comfortable enough not to bother them when walking.
For toddlers, we recommend these beautiful fuchsia fleece-lined ankle boots. They come with a zipper on the side for easy handling and are made from nubuck leather. If you like other colors, they also come in black and red suede with faux fur lining. These little girls’ snow boots will look amazing on your baby’s feet paired with an overall as well as cute dress. They fit whatever occasion you might have due to their versatility and cute design.
Another pair of snow boots girls’ will love are these cute glittery faux fur lining fashion boots. They are not exactly appropriate for playing in the snow but are great when you need your little one to dress up. The gripping sole makes sure she’s stable enough on snow, and the faux fur lining will keep her little feet warm provided that you don’t stay outside for a very long time.
Another great addition to your baby’s wardrobe for winter is these pair of big girls’ snow boots with faux fur trim lace-up closure boots. They are taller than the previous ones and will keep the leg secure and warm when playing outside.
If you are looking for a cute pair of girls’ waterproof snow boots, you’ve found them. Try these pink hook and loop unicorn print snow boots. They are water resistant, have a gripping outsole and the fur lining provides warmth and insulation. Not to mention the color and the glitter are amazing.
And if those are not enough check out the rest of the collection and make sure to look closer to this pair of fuchsia elastic star faux fur boots.
With our entire selection of snow boots, this winter will be so much fun. Keep an eye on the website because we are adding products and having great offers.
As their name shows, a snow boot is a type of boot used in the wintertime during snowing periods. They are for both children and adults.
The main difference between snow boots and winter boots consists in the fabric used to make the snow boots. Usually this kind of fabric it’s waterproofed and doesn’t allow the snow to enter the boot. They are seam-sealed and can insulate the foot better because of it. You can use them to play in the snow or to take long walks in the snow, without the fear of getting wet or cold feet.
You can see here our collection of snow boots for girls fitted for cold, winter days.
Whenever you want to stay in the snow for a long period, make sure to choose the best snow boot there is. The outsole needs to be thick and the interior to be properly insulated. The snow boots must be waterproofed, made from impermeable materials, and sealed to not let snow enter the boot.
The snow boots can also be worn as hiking boots because most of them are sturdy and the sole has great grip. See here what our selection of snow boots for girls is and pick the right one based on your child’s special needs.
When choosing the warmest snow boots for children make sure to consider the material they are made of on the outside as well as on the inside.
How to make sure the boot will keep your child’s feet warm during winter days?
Well, look for the following:
- Make sure they are waterproofed and seam-sealed.
- Make sure the outsole has traction so your kid will not slip on ice
- Make sure the height of the boot is right, try to pick the taller ones so that the snow and ice don’t enter easily
- Make sure to pick the right size, you need the boot to fit, but leave a little bit of room for the air to circulate
- The last, but the most important piece of advice, check the insulation on the inside. Synthetic materials work better
sometimes because they dry easily and don’t retain sweat. But some of the boots have wool on the inside which is also great for keeping the foot warm.
Check out our selection of warm snow boots for girls.
Of course, snow boots can be worn during playtime, hiking, or sports, but also for walking. One of the main reasons to buy snow boots for children is that they keep feet dry and warm. So, it doesn’t matter if the child wants to play, stay in the snow all day long, or just walk down the street, the snow boots are a perfect match.
See here what choices we have in our category of snow boots for girls.
Along with hiking boots, the snow boot is the best when walking in snow or on ice. Their grippy soles will make sure your child has traction even on ice and the insulation will keep them warm during cold days.
Make sure to check the soles and see if they are rubbery and with grippers, then you know you picked right. See here what kind of snow boots we offer and choose according to your trips this winter.